• Seattle Sidewalks Safer for Dogs After A Decade of Streetlight Testing

    25 days ago - By Seattle Dog Spot

    Share This!
    Last year, Seattle City Light's 10th annual contact voltage survey showed that the number of streetlights emitting dangerous levels of electricity in Seattle decreased by 83% since 2010.
    The utility started the testing program after a German Shorthaired Pointer named Sammy was electrocuted on Thanksgiving Day in 2010 after he stepped on a wet metal plate next to a defective streetlight in Seattle's Queen Anne neighborhood.
    Sammy was electrocuted in Seattle on Thanksgiving 2010 after stepping on a metal plate electrified by a faulty streetlight. Photo from Sammys Big Heart.
    Read more ...